Friday 15 January 2010

Newspaper - Focus Group

I decided to use a focus group in order to gain feedback on my what I had created. By doing this it would help me to makeany improvements which would make it more professional and look like a newspaper. Below are some of the comments that I receieved;

"Personally it doesn't look like a newspaper, but more of a fanzine. I would make the newspaper title bigger on the main page and i would fill the space correctly with the story. I would also change the entire layout of the music page. The newspaper doesn't look right and needs a few changes." Nick Rickford

"I would change the size of the newspapers title to make it stand out more." Nick Beard

"I like the images but i would again change the layout of things in order to make it look like a newspaper" Jonathon Mahon-Daly

Okay, so the feedback wasn't directly positive however, it has led me to make a few changes in order to make it look like a magazine. The newspaper I had to start with was in A4 size, i decided to change this into A3 in order to make it realistically newspaper size. I then decided to completely change the layout and add more stories to the music page. By doing this it has allowed me make it more like a newspaper but for the local community. Please see this in the post listed as "The Final Newspaper".