Monday 11 January 2010

Radio Advert - Planning and Scheduling

The final segment of the jigsaw in me completing my A2 media coursework required me to create a radio advert. The purpose of this advert is simple, to advertise and promote my new local newspaper. To do this it required me to listen to radio adverts either through a radio system of via the internet. I listened to different styles of radio advert and gathered a few simple features about them;
  • Varied from 10-30 seconds long
  • Usually came via a group of adverts rather than being a stand alone advertisement
  • Local companies advertised on local radio, and national radio had an array of National companies and movies which would be global
The stations that I listened to where Reading 107-fm, BBC Radio 1 and BBC Radio Berkshire. From this I decided to produce a script which would give me instructions on how long a clip would be, any sounds or music that would be used, any sound effects and the script of what would of course actually be said. A copy of this can be seen below;